The Guild of All Souls is one of the Catholic Societies of the Church of England.
It was founded in 1873 to encourage prayer for the repose of the souls of the faithful departed and to provide burial furniture in an age where the burial of the dead was frequently conducted without any reverence.
Whilst prayer for the departed remains one of its most important functions, its work has now broadened to include prayer and care for the sick, dying, departed and bereaved.
To read more, please click on the relevant headings at the top of this page or the links printed in Red below
Prayer is at the heart of The Guild's work.
The Guild has a Chantry Chapel at Walsingham, where Mass is offered daily and departed members remembered in prayer on the anniversary of their death. These are printed in the Chantry List. The Chantry Priest is available to help and pray with those who are bereaved.
Publications include prayer cards designed to help the sick, dying and bereaved, a small book of prayers for those sitting with the dying and a booklet to record wishes about the conduct of one's own funeral.
Events include an annual day conference. Previous subjects have included: 'Caring for Bereaved Children and Young People', 'Reclaiming the Christian Funeral' and 'Pastoral Care of Families Bereaved by Suicide'.
The Annual Requiem is held in November at the church of St Stephen, Gloucester Road, London.
The Guild also holds the Patronage of over 40 parishes.
To find out more about membership, click here: Joining the Guild
The Guild of All Souls
St Andrew's Parish Centre,
2 St Andrew's Road,
London NW10 2QS
Tel: 07498 778691
Registered Charity No. 240234