For the Departed
Remember, O Lord, all your servants who have departed this life, especially …………………………and all others to whom remembrance is due.
Give them eternal rest and peace in your heavenly kingdom
and to each of us such measure of communion with them
as you know to be best for us,
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
O eternal God, whose mercies cannot be numbered,accept our prayers for your servants ……………………and grant them an entrance into the land of light and joy,
in the fellowship of your saints,
through Jesus Christ your Son, our Lord,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
Rest eternal grant to them O Lord,and let light perpetual shine upon them:
May their souls, and the souls of all the departed,
through the mercy of God rest in peace.
May they rise in glory.
For the dying
O Lord Jesus Christ,in your last agony you committed your spirit into the hands of your heavenly Father;
have mercy on all sick and dying people;
may death be to them the gate of everlasting life;
and give to them the assurance of your presence
even in the dark hour of their passing,
for you are the resurrection and the life;
and to you be the glory for ever and ever.
For those who have committed suicide
Almighty God, Father of all,
have mercy on the souls of those who,
in their darkness,
have thrown away their mortal lives;
grant them light and salvation
that they may find life in your love
and glorify your Holy Name,
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
For those tempted to assist in the suicide of others
Almighty God, have mercy on all who, in great distress,
are tempted to assist in the suicide of those whom they love.
Grant them courage, patience, understanding, and wisdom;
lighten their burden and restrain their hand,
for the sake of your Son,
who underwent suffering and death to bring us to life everlasting -
Jesus Christ our Lord.
For Guild Members
O God, you appointed us all once to die,
but have hidden from us the hour of our death;
grant that the members of our Guild
may so pass their days in holiness of life
that we may be prepared,
when you shall call,
to meet you
and enter into that rest which you have prepared
for those who love you;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
The Communion of Saints
O God, the King of Saints,
we praise and magnify your Holy Name,
for all your servants who have finished their course in faith,
for the Blessed Virgin Mary
and for the Holy Patriarchs, Prophets, Apostles and Martyrs
and for all other righteous servants known to us and unknown
and we pray that rejoicing in their fellowship,
and aided by their prayers,
we may at length be partakers with them
of your Heavenly Kingdom,
through Jesus Christ our Lord
We pray for the dying; for those who have terminal illness; for all who feel forsaken and afraid; for those who are in the darkness of despair.
Loving Father, as we celebrate your sacred gift of life, we pray for those who are tempted to assist or encourage others to take their own lives.
Let us pray for all families caring for terminally ill children.
We commend to God all who are concerned with the dying and the bereaved, especially nurses, doctors, undertakers, registrars and priests, that they may find words and actions that are truly comforting.
Lord, we pray for those who have been forgotten and have no-one to pray for them; for the thousands throughout the world who die from malnutrition, neglect, disease or because of war.
We pray for all the dead. Jesus said to the penitent thief: "Truly, I say to you, this day you will be with me in Paradise." May these words be heard by all our departed brothers and sisters, especially ………..
Each night the Church's prayer is: "May the Lord grant us a quiet night and a perfect end." Let us pray that we may be delivered from sudden and unprepared death and for hope and confidence at the moment of our death.
We pray for the dying; for those dying in pain; for those dying alone and unloved; for those dying with little or no faith; for those dying receiving the last rites of the church.
Let us pray for all who work in chapels of rest, mortuaries, churchyards, cemeteries and crematoria and all who visit them; may their reverence and care reflect hope in the Resurrection of the body and everlasting life.
Lord, we pray for all who have experienced sudden, violent or accidental death and all those affected by it in any way, especially those who work in the police, ambulance and fire services and road, rail, sea and mountain rescue services.
We pray for all the dead, especially those remembered by the Guild of All Souls …………….. ; may they experience the joys of Heaven in the company of all the saints.
We pray for the dying; may death be to them the gate of everlasting life.
Let us pray for all who care for the dying; may they see in their dying brothers and sisters the person of Christ Himself and continue their ministry of care with compassion and love.
We pray for all the bereaved, especially those suffering from distress, guilt, lack of forgiveness, sleeplessness, depression, loneliness, anger or lack of purpose; may they experience the love of Christ.
We pray for all who have taken their own lives; that in the life of the world to come they may be released from the prison of despair and suffering that they endured before death and experience the joy of the Resurrection.
Lord, we pray for all the departed, especially …………... Grant them rest and peace, and to each of us such a measure of communion with them as you know to be best for us.
We pray for all who will die today; that they may hear those words of Christ, "Today you will be with me in paradise."
Loving Heavenly Father, we pray for all children who have died; for those miscarried or aborted and those who have been stillborn. May they be freed from any pain they have experienced and be at peace in your kingdom.
Christ, our Loving Lord, in your kindness be with all the bereaved and bring them your comfort and peace. May our concern for them be a reflection of your love.
Let us commend to God the unrested dead. May they go their way to their everlasting home assured that our prayers follow them. May all harmful influence be removed from any people who have been disturbed.
We pray for our departed brothers and sisters ………… , all the dead in Christ and all the dead whose faith is known to God alone. May they share in eternal life with Him.
Cycle of Prayer
Your prayers are asked for:
NB Parishes under the patronage of the Guild are in Diocesan order and printed in capitals. Please pray for suitable appointments to vacant parishes
Day of the month:
1. The Guild Council and Patronage Committee and all members of the Guild
2. Rt Revd Norman Banks, President of the Guild, David Llewelyn Morgan, Warden and Carole Sherwood, General Secretary
3. The work of the Guild Chapel at Walsingham
4. ST STEPHEN, GLOUCESTER ROAD, SOUTH KENSINGTON (London) p-in-c: Philip Barnes
5. SS PETER & PAUL, BLEADON (Bath & Wells) Tim Erridge;
ST MARGARET, TINTINHULL with Chilthorne Domer, Yeovil Marsh and Thorne Coffin. p-in-c: Peter Down.
6. SS MARY AND BARTHOLOMEW, HAMPTON-IN-ARDEN (Birmingham): Stuart Dimes
7. ALL HALLOWS EASTON (Bristol) p-in-c: Jones Mutamwakwenda
8. ST MARTIN, CHIPPING ONGAR with Shelley (Chelmsford) Rector: Noelle Taylor
ALL SAINTS, STOCK HARVARD p-in-c: Stephen Need
ST MICHAEL, GREAT SAMPFORD & ST ANDREW HEMPSTEAD, Little Sampford & Radwinter P-in-C: Philip Tarris
ST NICHOLAS, SOUTH OCKENDON, with Belhus Park P-in-C: Peter Rabin
9. ST JOHN, CROWBOROUGH (Chichester): P-in-C: Paul Redparth
ST THOMAS, WINCHELSEA & Icklesham : Jonathan Meyer
10. ALL SAINTS, ST IVES (Ely) Vicar: Mark Amey
ST MARY, SOUTHERY, Hilgay & Ten Mile Bank Rector: Vacant
11. ST MARY, MARY TAVY & ST PETER, PETER TAVY, (Exeter) Vacant
ST MARY, THROWLEIGH, Chagford, Drewsteignton, Hittisleigh, Speyton & Gidleigh: Team Rector: Paul Simon Seaton-Burn
ST JOHN, BOVEY TRACEY Vacant
12. ST MATTHEW, COATES with Rodmarton, Sapperton, Frampton Mansell, Kemble, Poole Keynes, Somerford Keynes & Sharncote (Gloucester) Rector: Trevor Kemp
13. ST MARY MAGDALENE, LEINTWARDINE, Adforton, Bampton Bryan, Burrington, Downton Elton, Leinthall Starkes, Pipe Aston & Wigmore (Hereford) Rector: Mike Catling
14. ST ANDREW, PEATLING PARVA, Gilmorton, Kimcote cum Walton, North & South Kilworth, Misterton, Swinford, Catthorpe, Shalwell & Stanford (Leicester) P-i-C:Christopher Oxley
15. ST MARTIN LITTLE NESS, Great Ness & Ruyton XI Towns (Lichfield): Lucinda Burns
16. St John the Baptist with ST JULIAN, NORWICH, (Norwich) Rector: Christopher Wood
ST MARY, SOUTH CREAKE, North Creake, Waterden, Syderstone with Barmer & Sculthorpe Vicar: Clive Wylie
ALL SAINTS, GRESHAM, Aylmerton, East & West Runton & Beeston Regis: David Head
Mundford, Cranwich, Ickburgh, w ST MARY, WEST TOFTS & Buckenham Parva: P-i-C: Zoe Ferguson
17. ST NICHOLAS, ICKFORD, Wormingford, Oakley & Shabbington (Oxford) Rector: David Kaboleh
18. ST MARY, WELLINGBOROUGH (Peterborough) Vicar: Robert Farmer
19. ALL SAINTS, GODSHILL & ST ALBANS, VENTNOR (Portsmouth) Vicar: John Ryder
20. ST MARY, SWANLEY (Rochester) Vicar: Dane Batley-Gladden
ST JOHN, SEVENOAKS: Vicar: Robin Jones
ST BARNABAS, TUNBRIDGE WELLS: Vicar: John Caster
21. ST MICHAEL & ST MARY, LETCHWORTH (St Albans) Rector: Paul Bennett
22. ST MARY KETTLEBASTON, Monks Eleigh, Chelsworth, Brent Eleigh & Milden (St Edmundsbury & Ipswich) P-i-C: Carol Mansell
ALL SAINTS, CHEVINGTON, Hargrave, Chedburgh, Depden, Rede, Hawkeden : P-i-C: Simon Hill
ST MARY-AT-THE-ELMS, Ipswich: P-i-C: John Thackray
23. ST WILFRID, CANTLEY (Sheffield) Vicar: Andrew Howard
ST HUGH OF LINCOLN, NEW CANTLEY Vicar: Jeff Stokoe
24. ST WINWALOE, POUNDSTOCK with ST ANNE, WIDEMOUTH BAY, Week St Mary, Whitstone, St Gennys, Jacobstowe, Warbstow & Treneglos (Truro) Rector: Anthony Windross
25. ALL SAINTS, SOUTH KIRKBY (Wakefield) vacant
26. THE ASSUMPTION, FROYLE, Bentley & Binstead(Winchester) P-in-C: Yann Dubrueil
27. ST PETER, ASTLEY, Abberley, Shrawley & Gt. & Little Witley (Worcester) P-i-C: Geoffrey Whittaker
28. For the Church's Healing Ministry and scriptural use of Holy Unction
29. For reverent care in reserving the Holy Eucharist for the sick and dying
30. For those who have no belief in God and in the afterlife.
31. For those who dabble in the occult and spiritualism