Joining the Guild
The Guild of All Souls:
offers Mass daily in the Chantry chapel at Walsingham, remembering all departed members on the anniversary of their death.
* Members are asked to pray weekly for those who have died in the last 15 years. Their names are published in the annual intercession paper sent to all members. (Names of non-members can be added for a donation of £25 - please contact the General Secretary.)
* To pray should also mean to care—particularly for the sick, dying, the departed and the bereaved. The Guild organises an annual conference at Walsingham and publishes prayer cards and other resources to facilitate this pastoral care.
* Members are encouraged to attend Requiem Masses, particularly on All Souls’ Day (2nd November).
* An annual Requiem is sung each November at St Stephen’s Gloucester Road, Kensington, where Requiems are also offered twice monthly.
* Parishes with a Guild Branch and individual priests are asked to celebrate a monthly Requiem.
* Each summer The Guild arranges a Mass at West Tofts in the STANTA area in Norfolk, helping maintain an important Christian presence.
* The Guild is responsible for appointing priests to a number of parishes of which it is patron.
The Guild of All Souls is one of the Catholic Societies of the Church of England, but is happy to welcome as members any who share its objects.
Membership is £20 per year, payable by standing order
You can download an application form here
Objects of The Guild
. Intercessory prayer for the dying and for the repose of the souls of the departed.
2. To promote the two great doctrines of the Christian Creed: “The Communion of Saints’’ and “The Resurrection of the Dead’’.
The following are particularly commended to the prayers of members.
(a) The restoration of the scriptural rite of anointing the sick with holy oil, commonly called Holy Unction.
(b) The restoration of the primitive custom of reserving the Holy Eucharist for the sick and dying.
To Pray must also mean to care.
As members of this devotional Guild we must care for the sick, the dying, the dead and the bereaved.
The Guild of All Souls
60 Windsor Avenue
LONDON SW19 2RR
Tel: 07498 778691
Registered Charity No. 240234